Why Should I become a Certified Member?
Certified members are valued nationwide! They have met the standard for proper laboratory animal care, use, and knowledge.
Becoming a Registered Laboratory Animal Technician offers:
- Higher quality animal care: Technicians with enhanced knowledge in laboratory animal science can dramatically improve the quality of animal care in Canada.
- Career advancement: Achieving registered status can open doors to promotion and the opportunity to take on more varied tasks.
- Documentation of adequate training: A CALAS/ACSAL Registry Committee Certificate provides formal documentation that you have met a nationally standardized high level of expertise in laboratory animal science. Documentation of such is increasingly being recognized as a requirement by institutional Animal Care Committees.
- Continued education: Preparing for examinations acts as a foundation on which many individuals build a program of continuing education for themselves. Involvement in CALAS/ACSAL provides many opportunities for continuing education and keeping abreast of current advancements.
- Networking: When you become a registered member of CALAS/ACSAL, you join a nation-wide group of animal care and research technicians across Canada with a common interest in laboratory animal care and well-being.
After I become a Certified Member?
An annual membership is required to maintain your registration. If a lapse of two years occurs, your registration status will be rescinded. To regain entry into the registry, the examination process must be repeated. Annual fees must also be paid in order to continue with the ARLAT program.
CALAS/ACSAL National Office: PO Box 20507 - 2901 Sheppard Avenue East Toronto, ON M1T 3V5Tel.:416-593-0268 | Fax: 416-979-1819 | Email: email@example.com