Bilingual Communications Specialist
|Organization Name||Job Categories||Position Type||Region and Location(s)||Career Level||Salary||Ad Online Since||Application Deadline|
|Canadian Council on Animal Care||
||Contract - Full Time||
||Experienced (Non-manager)||$66,624 - 83,285||2018-10-22||2018-11-09|
The Canadian Council on Animal Care (CCAC) is an independent, not-for-profit, national organization for setting, maintaining, and overseeing the implementation of high standards for animal ethics and care in science throughout Canada.
The primary purpose of this position is to work with the Public Affairs and Communications team, the Executive Director, and others within the organization to develop communications materials for the CCAC’s key stakeholders, with the ultimate goal of increasing the CCAC’s visibility and outreach to its stakeholders and the public. This position will have a strong writing and editing component where the successful candidate will also be required to proofread documents in both French and English.
- Write and proofread a variety of bilingual communications, including newsletters, communiques, reports, and presentations for meetings and special events
- Proofread both French and English documents to ensure consistency, accuracy of the translated and formatted documents, as well as proper grammar and spelling
- Develop and update website content
- Monitor the CCAC’s online reputation
- Contribute to the consistent use of the CCAC’s visual brand identity
- Prepare meeting materials, attend committee meetings, and take minutes
- Coordinate the planning of events and outreach initiatives, including the logistics for the annual workshop, communicating with relevant parties, maintaining registration lists, preparing associated materials, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university, preferably in communications, journalism, English, French, or a related field
- Three to five years of communications and/or writing experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and French
- Excellent French and English proofreading and editing skills
- Experience with email marketing services
- Experience in event and conference planning
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) in a Windows-based environment
- Strong creative thinking and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Experience working within a team and ability to work independently
- Strong active listening skills
- Experience, or an active interest, in the ethics and care of animals in science, and familiarity with the CCAC program
- Communications experience within a scientific or medical environment
- Familiarity with HTML and Adobe Photoshop
- Team player
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Committed to excellence
This is a fifteen-month contract position with the possibility of renewal. A salary range of $66,624 to $83,285 and a complete benefits package are offered.
If you are interested in this opportunity and meet the requirements, please send your résumé and cover letter detailing how your experience maps to the specific responsibilities of the position by November 9, 2018.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We would like to thank all candidates who apply.
Active from 10/24/2018 to 11/10/2018
CALAS/ACSAL National Office: PO Box 20507 - 2901 Sheppard Avenue East Toronto, ON M1T 3V5Tel.:416-593-0268 | Fax: 416-979-1819 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org