Chief Executive Officer
Prairie Diagnostic Services Inc. (PDS) provides fundamental veterinary diagnostic testing services across Western Canada serving over 1,100 fee-for-service clients. Located in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, PDS is a not-for-profit, ISO-certified corporation imbedded in the University of Saskatchewan’s breathtaking campus at the Western College of Veterinary Medicine. A Chief Executive Officer is required to lead its staff of 70 employees to ensure its mission of providing client-focused laboratory services and expertise in diagnostics, surveillance, teaching, and research in support of the animal health, public health, environmental health, food safety, and market access is fulfilled. To learn more about PDS, please visit www.pdsinc.ca.
About the CEO Role
The CEO will report to PDS’ Board of Directors and move PDS towards its vision of being a leader in veterinary diagnostic services while ensuring sustainability, profitability, growth and fiscal accountability by:
- Developing strategic and operational plans according to PDS’ mandate
- Overseeingthedevelopmentanddeliveryofveterinarydiagnostictestingandservicesthatmeetthe needs of the University of Saskatchewan, Province of Saskatchewan and veterinary community across Western Canada
- Developing and managing effective collaborative working relationships based on trust andcredibility with key stakeholders
- Providingstrategicleadership, management and coachingto a team of highly skilled veterinary, technical and administrative staff
- Ensuring that PDS is optimally structured and its processes are efficient to meet ongoing and emergent needs
- Representing the interests of PDS as part of the national network of animal diagnostic laboratories and acting as a spokesperson on behalf of PDS for a variety of events
Requirements for the CEO Role
Candidates must have a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM or equivalent) degree, and be eligible for licensure in Saskatchewan. A Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree would be an asset. Candidates must also have experience working in business operations within the veterinary industry, managing budgets, and leading teams that elevate a company’s culture.
How to Apply
If interested in this leadership role, please e-mail your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 30, 2018. If you have any questions, please contact Rodelle Genoway at 1-306-230-6895 or email@example.com.
Company Name: Prairie Diagnostic Services Inc.
Active from 10/5/2018
CALAS/ACSAL National Office: PO Box 20507 - 2901 Sheppard Avenue East Toronto, ON M1T 3V5Tel.:416-593-0268 | Fax: 416-979-1819 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org