Xenon Pharmaceuticals Inc.
We are a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing innovative therapeutics to improve the lives of patients with neurological disorders. Building upon our extensive knowledge of human genetics and diseases caused by mutations in ion channels, known as channelopathies, we are advancing – both independently and with our pharmaceutical collaborators – a novel product pipeline of ion channel modulators to address therapeutic areas of high unmet medical need, such as pain and epilepsy.
We are seeking a Research Technician to join our team. This position will provide husbandry and technical in vivo support for early stage preclinical research. The anticipated start date of this position is mid-August 2018. The duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Handling and dosing via multiple routes
- Clinical health assessment
- Biological sample collection
- General and specialized husbandry following CCAC guidelines
- Operation of various equipment
- Waste removal and inventory management
- Maintaining cleanliness and sanitation of Facility
- Previous experience in biopharmaceutical industry preferred
- Demonstrated technical aptitude
- Detail oriented with good organizational, time management and observational skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Must have good interpersonal skills
- Ability to exercise mature judgment, discretion and initiative
- Capable of lifting up to 25kg
- Able to work rotational weekends, and stat holidays
- Basic computer skills including spreadsheets, and word processing
- CALAS certification preferred
- Clear communication skills
To apply for this position, please e-mail your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and include “Research Technician” in the subject line. All attachments must be saved as one file and be named: “Your Full Name – Research Technician.” We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to the volume of applicants, only those chosen for interview will be contacted.
Company Name: Xenon Pharmaceuticals Inc.
Active from 6/19/2018
CALAS/ACSAL National Office: PO Box 20507 - 2901 Sheppard Avenue East Toronto, ON M1T 3V5Tel.:416-593-0268 | Fax: 416-979-1819 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org