Registered Veterinary Technician
KFI is a veterinary contract research organization (CRO) that specializes in in-vivo GLP/GCP studies in dogs and cats. We have a reputation for satisfying our clients by providing high quality services in a timely manner with the utmost attention to the latest scientific research and regulatory standards. We are looking for a registered veterinary technician with an interest in the research field who will be responsible for the following:
- Feeding and cleaning of animals and animal rooms
- Observing animals and bringing any physical or behavioural abnormalities to the attention of the Veterinarian and/or Study Director
- Promptly and accurately record data
- Be aware of any GLP/GCP procedures relevant to involvement in studies
- Treat animals by oral, subcutaneous, intramuscular, and intravenous routes of administration
- Collect blood, urine, and other samples in a professional, accurate, and atraumatic manner. Perform other diagnostic tests and procedures as needed.
- Verify equipment according to SOPs
- Assist with veterinary procedures, anaesthesia, necropsies and surgeries
- Assist in maintaining adequate inventories for drugs and other medical supplies.
Applicant must be responsible, timely, compassionate, a team player, and have a positive attitude. There will be a working job interview performed.
Full-time position, 5 days a week. Weekend work is required. 3 month probation period with benefits offered thereafter. Salary is dependant experience. Uniform provided, CE opportunties as well as dues coverage.
If you are interested in a scientific research environment and learning how veterinary drugs are developed, Kingfisher could be the start of your new career!
Please send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Active from 1/8/2018 to 2/28/2018
CALAS/ACSAL National Office: PO Box 20507 - 2901 Sheppard Avenue East Toronto, ON M1T 3V5Tel.:416-593-0268 | Fax: 416-979-1819 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org