Back to Job listing
BIORESOURCES TECHNICIANBIORESOURCES TECHNICIAN
(TEMPORARY EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY- 2 POSITIONS)
Reference: R24031 & R25196
Location: Sanofi Pasteur Limited / North York, Ontario
Department: Quality Control BioResources
Reporting To: Manager BioResources Facilities Canada
Required Education: College Diploma
Sanofi Pasteur, the vaccines division of Sanofi, is the largest company in the world devoted entirely to human vaccines. For over 100 years, we’ve provided life-saving vaccines for the prevention and treatment of infectious diseases.
Sanofi Pasteur Limited, located in Toronto, is one of the company's four major R&D and manufacturing sites. We are home to Sanofi Pasteur's North American centre for Analytical and Bioprocess R&D. As well, we are the largest Canadian vaccine producer: each year, we manufacture 50 million doses of vaccine and distribute them to more than 90 countries around the world, helping to protect against 20 infectious diseases. This variety of activities offers employees diverse opportunities for personal and professional growth. Our company attracts some of the best minds in the business from across the globe. Our 1,300 employees give us their best and we offer the best in return.
Sanofi Pasteur Limited is looking for motivated and results driven individuals to join our BioResources team as a BioResources Technician. Key responsibilities will include the following:
1. Perform care, husbandry and enrichment for various laboratory species.
- Perform a high standard of care and husbandry including such activities as the daily health monitoring of various laboratory animals; planning and preparation of caging; receiving and housing incoming animals, monitoring environmental and housing conditions ensuring clean and adequate food, water, and caging; routine cleaning and disinfection; ensuring animal enrichment schedules are followed, as outline in S.W.I.’s/S.O.P.’s; carcass removal and disposal.
2. Perform equipment and facility maintenance in and around the facilities.
- Perform general housekeeping duties in and around facility work areas such as animal rooms, office areas, corridors, storage rooms, procedure rooms, cage wash areas, external storage areas (ie. external facility areas, loading docks, barn, or sheds).
o These duties include washing floors, walls, work surfaces, windows, maintenance of cleaning equipment, monitoring and changing of animal room air filters, cleaning of freezers and fridges, organizing staff laundry supplies, etc.
3. Ensure adherence and compliance to cGMP’s and HSE policies and procedures throughout all activities. Timely review and completion of required documentation including training documentation, S.O.P’s/S.W.I’s animal facility/equipment documentation and GMP updates.
- Ensure all general facility and animal room documentation is reviewed/completed in a timely manner while ensuring cGXP is maintained.
- Ensure animals are correctly identified upon arrival and monitor to ensure adequate individual or cage identification until released.
- Complete and maintain on the job records according to current Lesson Plans- attend and participate in relevant training as required.
4. Maintain health monitoring systems including procedures, treatments and documentation as required. Assist with animal restraint/technical/testing procedures as required.
- Ensure animals found ill or injured are correctly identified and monitored.
- Perform procedures and/or treatments, as directed or under special direction, document as required.
- Assist with restraint/technical/testing procedures as required.
5. Assist in maintaining adequate inventory for feed, bedding, cleaning supplies, chemicals, gowning materials and animal enrichment supplies, as required. Wash and assemble stainless steel tanks/glassware:
- Monitor and determine weekly requirements and expiry dates for such supplies as feed and bedding.
- Report requirements for other routine use supplies and materials such as cleaning agents, gowning/PPE materials, chemicals and enrichment supplies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum three (3) year College Diploma (Animal Health Technician, Veterinary Technician).
• Minimum of six (6) month of previous relevant experience in a biological or pharmaceutical company, or a university lab animal facility.
• Strong problem solving ability.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and make quick decisions in accordance with SOPs and training.
• Basic computer skills and the ability to enter and maintain accurate data and in a timely manner.
HOURS OF WORK:
Monday to Friday 7:00a.m.-3:00p.m.
Sanofi in Canada embraces diversity in the workplace and is committed to achieving employment equity. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We welcome applications from women, members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
Thank you in advance for your interest.
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Visit www.sanofipasteur.ca and click on the careers tab at the top
Company Name: Sanofi Pasteur Limited / North York, Ontario
Active from 12/19/2017 to 1/20/2018
CALAS/ACSAL National Office: PO Box 20507 - 2901 Sheppard Avenue East Toronto, ON M1T 3V5Tel.:416-593-0268 | Fax: 416-979-1819 | Email: email@example.com