Veterinary Technician/Animal Care Attendant
Kingfisher International is a private veterinary research organization dedicated to animal welfare and quality science. Our mission is to develop safe and effective pharmaceuticals and nutraceuticals to advance the health and wellbeing of companion animals worldwide.
We are looking for a Veterinary Technician to join our growing team. Applicants primary duties will be to assist the animal care team in cleaning, feeding, watering, socializing, and health monitoring of dogs, cats and mice. Applicants secondary duties will be to assist the RVT's when required in the following areas:
- Observing animals and bringing any physical or behavioural abnormalities to the attention of the Veterinarian and/or Study Director
- Treat animals by oral, subcutaneous, intramuscular, and intravenous routes of administration
- Collect blood, urine, and other samples in a professional, accurate, and atraumatic manner. Perform other diagnostic tests and procedures as needed.
- Assist with veterinary procedures, necropsies and surgeries
- Assist in maintaining adequate inventories for drugs and other medical supplies.
Applicant must be responsible, timely, compassionate, a team player, and have a positive attitude. There will be a working job interview performed.
Education: RVT or VT
Full-time position, 30 - 40 hours per week, 5 days a week. Weekend work is required. 3 month probation period with benefits offered thereafter.
If you are interested in a scientific research environment and learning how veterinary drugs are developed, Kingfisher could be the start of your new career!
Please send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Active from 12/5/2017 to 1/31/2018
CALAS/ACSAL National Office: PO Box 20507 - 2901 Sheppard Avenue East Toronto, ON M1T 3V5Tel.:416-593-0268 | Fax: 416-979-1819 | Email: email@example.com